One of these evenings I will take the video camera out at dinner time and record the daily showdown of Duck vs. Goat. It's not that funny in writing but I'm sure you'd all appreciated a video, so watch for that to come.
Hailie and I took a trip into HSV today for a variety of reasons, we ate lunch with Auntie Kim and went to PetSmart. I went to get chew toys for Chip and Mocha and another water bottle and Hailie talked me into getting some feeder fish for our "pond".
Trinity was as giddy as a school girl when I put those fish in the water, she was flicking her tail and talking up a storm. Then she jumped in and chomp, chomp, chomp, down the hatch they went. It's a good thing I love that duck, not that I was attached to the fish but, bummer.
Sadie is religously sitting on her 11+ eggs, I have June 9th marked down as her 25th day but the 28th is probably a little more accurate. I'll have to look up the Pekin Egg Hatching details again but I'm pretty sure it's stop turning them on the 25th day and they'll hatch on the 28th.
Athos STILL won't let me touch him even though he comes near me when Aramis and Porthos are lapping up the cuddles. I've been trapping him in the shed every evening and just holding him for a few minutes while the other two are right there with him. I'm hoping that after a couple weeks of doing this he'll decide that I'm not going to eat him and actually want attention from me. Keeping my fingers crossed.
We played with the idea of getting some turkeys this weekend but they would have required wing clipping and Clint didn't want to deal with that right now so.. no turkeys. I told him I'd rather have a pair of peacocks even though they cost a lot more.
We're about 1/2 done with the chicken coop and we really need to be finished already. Those chicks are quickly outgrowing their baby pool and really stinking up the garage. We still need to get all the chicken wire on and find some metal roofing.
We've finally reached all day long temperatures that cause Sampson's appetite to plummet so getting him to eat for the rest of the summer is going to be a challenge. Deuce ended up eating Sam's dinner the other night, ugh.
Keep checking back for the Goat vs. Duck video, I promise to get it up in the next few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment