Hailie is really starting to ask to go see her goats even though Porthos is the only one that lets her near. Speaking of Porthos, I'm convinced he had bloat and/or got butted by another goat or accidentally stomped on by Deuce. He was acting a little weird again this evening after seeming normal the last 2 days. His abdomen seemed larger and harder than Aramis' so I gave him some Mylanta and hopefully he'll start feeling well again soon. To prevent bloat goats are supposed to eat dry hay before wet browse and baking soda when needed. Problem- the goats won't touch the hay and I still haven't figured out what I can put the baking soda in so that it doesn't get dumped over, fill up with pine shavings, and stay dry.
We are slowly reclaiming our land from the water and it will probably be the end of summer before we have diverted it all to where we want it and have the pond dug out.

I'm pretty sure this is a buttercup weed.
BEST LITTLE BUTTERCUP EVER!!
ReplyDeleteHailie is ADORABLE!! She has gorgeous hair. Wow!
ReplyDelete