This weekend we purchased a triple registered Nigerian Dwarf pair, Lil' Hill Farm KC Zena and Lil' Hill Farm V Moral Victory. Facebook fan, Misty, came up with the barn name Nike for Victory because I really don't like that name or the short versions of it. Nike means victory in Greek. We really weren't prepared to bring home a buck but buying the pair was a, dumb to pass up, deal. We drove down to, basically, Birmingham Saturday morning and have been working on the buck pen ever since. It is finished we just have to wait for the cemented posts to thoroughly dry before we hang the gate. Athos is going in with Nike to be his pen buddy and each will have their own shelter (xl dog igloo).
Zena is supposedly bred and due mid-February. Mocha is supposedly bred too and due by early December, but I am having serious doubts because she is MAJORLY flirting with Nike. If any of the girls have extreme interest in Nike they are going to be allowed to "go on a date". :D I've decided I'm not going to breed during the months of July, August & September because I really don't want kids being born in the middle of winter.
Here are some pictures of Nike's pen being constructed and of Zena on her table. Previous owner's sent us home with two "goat" tables too.

:}beautiful...lucky animals
ReplyDelete